Thursday, May 04, 2006

Great Day!

Today was Jordan's field trip to the Farmer's Market. We had such a wonderful time. But, I have to say that letting me loose at the Farmer's Market with cash in hand and a debit card is not a good idea! Especially at the plant nursery areas. My only saving grace is that by the time we got to the plant-buying I was so tired that I wanted just to hurry...get what I wanted...and go home...Woo Hoo!!! I also got some fruits and veggies. I got my first bag of vidalia onions this year. Yum! We toured the market and we toured a plant where they distribute wholesale potatoes and onions. I tried very hard not humiliate anyone by pressing the "organic" issue. And the items I got today were not organic, but I will wash thoroughly and hope the pesticides don't kill me.

I got a new book this week called House by Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker. I am nearly finished with it and it is soooo good. I can't wait for the ending. I will finish it shortly. It is supposed to be a movie by next year. Speaking of movies...I think Jordan and I will go see "Akeelah and the Bee" this Sunday afternoon. It looks like it will be very good.

AND...Paris is gone. I really didn't think she would last as long as she did. Not because she isn't a good singer...she is very good...but because I thought Pickler would last longer. She had that "cute" southern thing going on that a lot of people liked. Of course my speed dial is always for Chris. I love him and I love Taylor. Elliott is also a very good singer, but my money is on Chris and Taylor.

AND...I haven't watched Lost from last night yet. I will get to it when I can. Tonight is also Survivior. I can't wait to see what happens with psycho Shane. Good grief! That guy is really nuts (I am being convicted that it's not nice to call anyone psycho or nuts...sorry 'bout that!).

"George Bailey, I'll love you 'til the day I die" - Mary Hatch, It's a Wonderful Life

No comments: