Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Forgiveness

I saw an enemy today. Someone I hadn't seen in years. In fact, I thought this enemy was gone. But there she was in living color. I thought about forgiveness. I purposely avoided her because I didn't want to have a conversation and because I look terrible today after a difficult night with a sick kid. I questioned in my mind whether or not I had really forgiven her for treating me badly. I don't know her spiritual condition. She could be a believer by now. It would be much easier to forgive if she were to apologize. But, that probably won't happen. She would have to get out the Atlanta phone book and call nearly everyone in it to make peace with the many she has injured. But forgiveness is my obligation no matter how I feel. So I pray today for blessing upon her and her family and I pray that I would forgive her completely. That way, praying for her blessing would be a desired act on my part and not just an act of obedience. God, help me to obey...even when I don't "feel" like it!

No comments: